Rustic Mediterranean Vegetable Stew
Time 1 hour
Servings 6 People
This Rustic Mediterranean Vegetable Stew is inspired by the traditional flavors of the Mediterranean region. The combination of fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices creates a delicious and nutritious meal that's perfect for any time of the year.
The recipe has been passed down through generations, with each family adding their own unique touch. It's a versatile dish that can be easily adapted to suit your taste preferences or dietary needs.
One of the best things about this stew is its simplicity. It's easy to prepare, making it an ideal choice for busy weeknights or when you're entertaining guests.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, oregano, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley and cilantro.
- Serve hot with crusty bread or over cooked rice or pasta.