Flavorful Quinoa Fiesta Bowl
Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 People
This Flavorful Quinoa Fiesta Bowl recipe was inspired by my love for fresh, colorful ingredients and the desire to create a meal that's both satisfying and nutritious. I first tried a similar dish at a local restaurant and knew I had to recreate it at home.
The combination of quinoa, black beans, and veggies provides a perfect balance of protein, fiber, and vitamins. The zesty lime dressing adds an extra layer of flavor that ties everything together beautifully.
Not only is this dish visually appealing, but it's also incredibly easy to make. It's perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight dinner, and it's sure to impress your friends and family.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water in a fine mesh strainer.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!