Tender Beef and Broccoli Bowl
Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 People
This Tender Beef and Broccoli Bowl recipe has been a family favorite for years. It's the perfect combination of savory beef, crisp broccoli, and a flavorful sauce that brings everything together. Not only is it delicious, but it's also a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
I remember my mom making this dish when I was a child, and it quickly became one of our go-to meals for busy weeknights. The aroma of the beef and broccoli cooking would fill the house, making everyone eager to sit down and enjoy dinner together.
Now, as an adult, I love sharing this recipe with friends and family. It's always a hit at potlucks and gatherings, and it's so simple to make that even beginner cooks can impress their guests with this tasty dish.
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using). Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the sliced flank steak and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the beef and broccoli, stirring to coat evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.