Creamy Chicken Alfredo
This Creamy Chicken Alfredo recipe has been a family favorite for years. It's the perfect dish to serve when you want to impress your guests or simply enjoy a comforting meal at home. The combination of tender chicken, creamy sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta is truly irresistible.
I first learned this recipe from my grandmother, who was known for her amazing Italian dishes. She would always emphasize the importance of using quality ingredients and taking the time to cook the sauce just right. Over the years, I've made some tweaks to the original recipe, but the essence of her delicious creation remains.
One of the best things about this Creamy Chicken Alfredo is its versatility. You can easily customize it by adding vegetables like broccoli or spinach, or even swapping out the chicken for shrimp or another protein. No matter how you choose to make it, this dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through. Remove from the skillet and let rest before slicing into thin strips.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and ground nutmeg. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and sliced chicken to the skillet, tossing to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.