Savory Miso Soup
Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 People
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. It's known for its umami-rich flavor and health benefits, making it a popular choice for those seeking a nutritious and satisfying meal. This savory miso soup recipe is perfect for a light lunch or as an appetizer before your main course. The combination of miso paste, tofu, and vegetables creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cubed tofu
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1 sheet nori seaweed, cut into strips
- In a medium-sized pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil until smooth.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and slowly whisk in the miso mixture.
- Add the cubed tofu, sliced green onions, sliced mushrooms, and chopped kale to the pot. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pot from heat and gently stir in the nori seaweed strips.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately.