Rich and Creamy Ramen
This rich and creamy ramen recipe was inspired by my travels to Japan, where I fell in love with the comforting flavors of their traditional noodle soups. The combination of a velvety broth, tender noodles, and flavorful toppings creates a truly satisfying meal that warms you from the inside out.
One memorable experience was visiting a small ramen shop tucked away in a busy Tokyo alley. The chef's dedication to perfecting his craft was evident in every steaming bowl he served. This recipe is my attempt to recreate that unforgettable taste at home.
Ramen has become increasingly popular worldwide, and for good reason. It's versatile, customizable, and can be adapted to suit various dietary preferences. This rich and creamy version is sure to impress your friends and family, transporting them to the bustling streets of Japan with each bite.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 4 servings fresh or dried ramen noodles
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken or tofu
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 sheet nori, cut into strips
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, milk, soy sauce, and miso paste to the pot. Stir well to combine, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let the broth simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the broth simmers, prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté the mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble the ramen bowls, divide the cooked noodles among four bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles.
- Top each bowl with equal portions of shredded chicken or tofu, sautéed mushrooms, green onions, bean sprouts, soft-boiled eggs, and nori strips.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.