Juicy Hamburger Deluxe
The Juicy Hamburger Deluxe is a classic American dish that has been enjoyed by families for generations. It's the perfect meal for backyard barbecues, picnics, and casual gatherings with friends. The secret to making these burgers extra juicy is the combination of quality ingredients and proper cooking techniques.
This recipe was passed down from my grandmother, who was known for her delicious homemade hamburgers. She always emphasized the importance of using fresh, high-quality ingredients and taking the time to prepare them properly. Her love for cooking and sharing meals with loved ones inspired me to continue the tradition.
Over the years, I've experimented with different variations of this recipe, but the core elements remain the same. The result is a flavorful, juicy burger that's sure to impress your guests and become a staple at your family gatherings.
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean, 20% fat)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, grated onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix gently until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty about 3/4-inch thick.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) for medium doneness.
- During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty and allow it to melt.
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns on the grill for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun, followed by a cooked patty, tomato slice, red onion slice, and pickles. Spread mayonnaise and mustard on the top half of the bun and place it on top of the assembled ingredients.