Palatable Pad Thai
Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
Pad Thai is a popular street food dish in Thailand that has gained worldwide recognition for its delightful combination of flavors and textures. This recipe brings the authentic taste of Pad Thai right into your kitchen, allowing you to experience the vibrant culture of Thailand without leaving home.
The secret to a great Pad Thai lies in the balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavors. By using tamarind paste, fish sauce, and palm sugar, you can achieve this harmony and create a truly memorable dish.
This recipe has been passed down through generations and perfected over time. It's perfect for sharing with friends and family, or simply enjoying on your own as a comforting meal.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tamarind paste, fish sauce, palm sugar, and chili powder to make the sauce.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the wok, then pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs until just set, then add the soaked noodles and prepared sauce.
- Stir-fry the noodles, tossing constantly, until they are tender and evenly coated with the sauce, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return the cooked chicken to the wok, along with the bean sprouts and green onions. Stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Serve the Pad Thai hot, garnished with crushed peanuts and lime wedges.