Spicy and Delicious Prawn Curry
Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
This Spicy and Delicious Prawn Curry recipe has been passed down through generations in my family. It's a perfect blend of spices and flavors that will transport you to the coastal regions of India.
The first time I tasted this dish was at my grandmother's house, and it instantly became one of my favorites. The aroma of the spices filled the air, making everyone's mouth water in anticipation.
Over the years, I've tweaked the recipe slightly to suit my taste, but the essence of the dish remains the same. This prawn curry is perfect for special occasions or when you want to impress your guests with an exotic meal.
- 500g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and green chilies. Cook until the onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the prawns to the pan and mix well, ensuring they are coated with the spice mixture.
- Pour in the coconut milk and season with salt. Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or flatbread.