Sizzling Beef Fajitas
Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
Fajitas have always been a popular dish in Mexican cuisine, known for their mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures. The sizzle of the hot skillet as it arrives at the table is enough to make anyone's mouth water. This recipe has been passed down through generations and has become a family favorite.
The secret to these amazing fajitas lies in the marinade, which infuses the beef with a rich, smoky flavor. The combination of spices and fresh ingredients creates a symphony of taste that will leave you craving more.
Gather your friends and family around the table and enjoy this delicious meal together. These sizzling beef fajitas are not only tasty but also a fun and interactive dining experience.
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the thinly sliced flank steak in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the meat. Ensure all pieces are coated well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours for maximum flavor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers, cooking until they are softened and slightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and increase the heat to high. Remove the marinated beef from the refrigerator and let any excess marinade drip off. Cook the beef in the skillet, stirring occasionally, until it is browned and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return the cooked onions and peppers to the skillet with the beef, stirring to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the oven or on a griddle. Serve the sizzling beef fajita mixture with warm tortillas and your choice of toppings.