marinated Tri-tip with roasted vegetables
Time 1 hour, 10 minutes
Servings 6 People
This marinated tri-tip recipe has been a family favorite for years. The combination of tender, juicy meat and flavorful roasted vegetables creates a mouthwatering dish that's perfect for any occasion.
The secret to this recipe lies in the marinade, which infuses the tri-tip with a rich blend of flavors. It's important to let the meat marinate for at least two hours, but overnight is even better for maximum flavor.
Roasting the vegetables alongside the tri-tip not only saves time but also allows them to absorb some of the delicious juices from the meat, making every bite a delightful experience.
- 2 lbs tri-tip steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the tri-tip in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Remove the tri-tip from the marinade and let excess liquid drip off. Place the tri-tip on a large baking sheet or roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, toss the baby potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange the vegetables around the tri-tip on the baking sheet.
- Roast the tri-tip and vegetables in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 135°F (57°C) for medium-rare and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the tri-tip from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve the sliced tri-tip with the roasted vegetables.